Tuesday, December 2, 2008
One is the Lonliest Number
I think working as a crew is crucial in filmmaking. I did my first film alone and it was not pretty. Some traits I realized that are important when working in a crew are if you are the DP to be organized, be able to delegate responsibilities, thank your crew, and being open to suggestions from your crew during your shoot. If you are a crew member then being punctual, flexible, and talking to the DP if you think their idea is not going to work are valuable traits. I think I need to have my ideas in more concrete form before I go out on a shoot as a DP and I need to learn patience when I am a crew member (but that is more of a personal goal that I have been working on for years). I don't think I will be doing anymore solo shoot, because even if it is just a skeleton crew of 2, it is much better than just 1( it is the lonliest number). Another crew member can offer not only a helping hand but input on your overall idea for the film.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment